A bombshell piece of information was disclosed Tuesday in the Trayvon Martin murder case as ABC News reported the lead investigator of the case has said he did not believe the story of alleged shooter George Zimmerman and wanted to arrest him on charges of manslaughter immediately until there could be more clarity in the chain of events on the night of Feb. 26th.
However, despite his role as lead investigator and his determination that there were obvious holes in Zimmerman’s story, he was told not to by Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee and the Florida state attorney’s office. In fact, it’s being reported that the State’s attorney made a personal face-to-face visit to Sanford to block Zimmerman’s arrest, which according to most law enforcement officials, is a rare case considering on the night of the murder, Trayvon was virtually unknown.
Chris Sorino, the lead investigator, was reportedly so upset by what has transpired in the aftermath of the murder, he signed an affadavit stating his position. Most observers feel that once the Sanford Police tree is shaken hard, there’s no telling what this investigation will reveal. Despite Lee stepping down, we have now learned that he too, was against the idea of arresting Zimmerman on the night of the murder. New police video shows Zimmerman being brought into the police station with no visible signs of injury or struggle, contradicting his claim of being attacked by the teen.
Meanwhile, surveilance video from the police station has brought the story Zimmerman is feeding to the media through surrogates into question as he seems relatively cool, calm, an unharmed for someone who had been attacked and had his nose broken. Still, some 34 days later, George Zimmerman is still walking free in the United States of America.