A Dallas mother is suspected of trying to sell her newborn in a classified ad.
On Saturday, Dallas Police identified the mother as 26-year-old Brittany Hill. She was arrested Friday. Hill faces a charge of Child Abandonment.
The would-be-buyer of the baby contacted Dallas police about the classified ad selling a 4-month-old baby boy for $4,000. The potential buyer got cold feet and called police.
Managers at the Shadow Ridge apartments went into Hill’s apartment on Friday afternoon to try and collect back rent. Police said the managers found the baby alone in his crib with no one else in the apartment.
Hill was arrested when she returned home. An empty car seat was in the backseat of her Honda.
Dallas police said the 4-month-old boy is in the care of Child Protective Services.
Neighbors at the apartment complex where Hill was handcuffed and taken into custody said they were horrified.
“I can’t take this,” Omara Muhammad said. “It’s hard to see anybody’s child go through something like this. It’s not fair.”
“I just think it’s a very sad situation, and I’m glad that the baby is safe and away from those people,” Latonia Smith said.
“I saw her when she was pregnant, and she just seemed to be very depressed, always alone sitting on the stairway,” Smith said.
Neighbors said they wished the mother would have made a cry for help.
“I’d have been there for her if I had known all of this,” Muhammad said. “I’m not working; I’m a senior citizen. I’m home 24-7.”
- Where Does Bishop TD Jakes Eat In Richmond? (Video)
- Red Carpet Rundown: 2015 Grammys
- Israel Houghton Gets Righteous For Social Justice (Video)
- Style Stalking: What Our Fave Celebs Wore To The NAACP Image Awards [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Niecy Nash At Women's Empowerment 2014
- Case At Women's Empowerment 2014
- Teen Forum 2014
- TJMS Live In Richmond: We Partied With A Purpose!
- Bishop T.D. Jakes Says Churches Should Fight Injustice (Videos)