Vernon Winfrey, 79, decided to break up with Barbara, his wife of 12 years, after becoming sick of her spendthrift ways, which he says almost cost him his barbershop business, and after confiding his fears to his daughter’s long-term partner Stedman Graham, Oprah stepped in to help.
Vernon said: “One day when Stedman was in town for a speaking engagement, I told him over dinner what was going on and that I didn’t know how I was going to handle it but I wanted out of my marriage.
“He asked if I needed help and I said ‘Yes I believe so’. He immediately told Oprah and she told me to hire attorneys and she would take care of it.”
Refusing to leave Vernon filed for divorce in June and claims his wife spent most of his money and is refusing to leave the $1.6m Nashville home Oprah bought for him.
He told National Enquirer magazine: “I’ve filed for divorce and moved out of the beautiful home Oprah bought me to live in but I don’t own it.
“Barbara was spending money as if I were Oprah.”
- Faith Evans SANG All Her Hits At Stone Soul 2015 [VIDEO]
- Jodeci Talk Reuniting, Recording and Shutting Down Stone Soul With Clovia [VIDEO]
- Where Does Bishop TD Jakes Eat In Richmond? (Video)
- Red Carpet Rundown: 2015 Grammys
- Israel Houghton Gets Righteous For Social Justice (Video)
- Style Stalking: What Our Fave Celebs Wore To The NAACP Image Awards [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Niecy Nash At Women's Empowerment 2014
- Case At Women's Empowerment 2014
- TJMS Live In Richmond: We Partied With A Purpose!