The other half of the institution, Clark College, was founded in 1869. Clark was named after Bishop Davis W. Clark, who was the first president of the Freedmen’s Aid Society. Finally, on July 1, 1988, the two schools joined forces to build Clark Atlanta University, combining one college’s graduate degree curriculum with the other’s liberal arts programs.
- Washington D.C. Names Street Corner After Radio One Founder Cathy Hughes
- Jodeci Talk Reuniting, Recording and Shutting Down Stone Soul With Clovia [VIDEO]
- Faith Evans SANG All Her Hits At Stone Soul 2015 [VIDEO]
- Where Does Bishop TD Jakes Eat In Richmond? (Video)
- Red Carpet Rundown: 2015 Grammys
- Israel Houghton Gets Righteous For Social Justice (Video)
- Style Stalking: What Our Fave Celebs Wore To The NAACP Image Awards [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Niecy Nash At Women's Empowerment 2014
- TJMS Live In Richmond: We Partied With A Purpose!