Think you have a crazy family?
Well in Terry McMillan’s 2001 book, while Viola is in the hospital recovering from a near-fatal asthma attack, she decides that if she lives, she’s going to have to do something about her family, including her estranged husband and troubled children.
Now that book is a Lifetime Network movie starring Whoopi Goldberg as Viola, Ving Rhames as her husband Cecil and Mekhi Phifer, Anika Noni Rose, Tichina Arnold and Kimberly Elise as her children.
“A Day Late and A Dollar Short” premieres on Lifetime on April 19th at 8 p.m.
Want to see more videos like this? Head over to “The Black Beat” to see more videos and stories we’re sharing! Visit HERE
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Micro Mini Marriages: Celebs Who Said I Do…But Really Didn’t
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Amber Rose & Wiz Kalifah
1 of 14
2. Andrea Kelly
2 of 14
3. Evelyn Lozada & Chad Johnson
3 of 14
4. Terrell Owens & Rachel Snider
4 of 14
5. Kim Kardashian & Kris Humphries
5 of 14
6. Eddie Murphy & Tracey Edmonds
6 of 14
7. Britney Spears & Jason Alexander
7 of 14
8. Robin Givens & Mike Tyson
8 of 14
9. Mario Lopez & Ali Landry
9 of 14
10. Carmen Electra & Dennis Rodman
10 of 14
11. Renée Zellweger & Kenny Chesney
11 of 14
12. Jennifer Lopez & Ojani Noa
12 of 14
13. Janet Jackson & James DeBarge
13 of 14
14. Michael Jackson & Lisa Marie Presley
14 of 14